As we end 2019, I wanted to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to each of you for an amazingly successful year for PVCC. Your collective and dedicated hard work and commitment resulted in:
- PVCC being recognized for the fourth time as one of the Aspen Institute’s Top 150 Community Colleges in the United States (based on student success data),
- Exemplary performance as we successfully completed the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Assurance Report thus keeping us positively moving forward on the Open Pathway accreditation process,
- An “all in” effort around strategic enrollment management that yielded enrollment growth during the Fall 2019 semester,
- Significant progress on the implementation of Guided Pathways with the addition of new academic advisers, enhanced new student orientation, and faculty leadership to make the Fields of Interest work for PVCC,
- Launching of new academic programs in computer science and engineering,
- Celebration of our ten-year anniversary of the Black Mountain campus site,
- Substantial work around campus beautification,
- Securing of $3.6M for the expansion of our nursing program’s facilities, and
- The drafting of PVCC’s Commitment to Community that will publicly communicate our shared expectations with students and each other around creating a learning environment that: challenges, engages, supports and most importantly cares.
With gratitude, I wish all of you a restful and joyful holiday break. 2020 will be a fantastic year for PVCC and I look forward to seeing all of you at our Spring Convocation on January 7 with our special guest, nationally known, Dr. Laura Rendon.