COVID-19 College Update #3

Thank you – yesterday as I walked about campus for over an hour and interacted with faculty, division chairs, and staff, I was so pleased to hear in 100 percent of my interactions a sense of confidence, creativity, and commitment to ensuring that Spring Semester 2020 would continue, albeit in very difficult and unprecedented times. So my continued and deepest gratitude to all. Additionally, I know that student and academic support teams are fervently working to develop online, phone and other resources to serve our students. Lastly, I spent time with our M&O team who are doing a wonderful job in keeping our physical spaces clean.

Clarity – as I have stated many times, with each day, the changing local and system environments complicates and challenges our planning and delivery of courses and services. While I know that several messages have recently gone out, our leadership is hearing, in some cases, lack of clarity in direction. I promise that by the end of today, all current questions regarding the continuation of spring semester 2020 will be addressed. In the meantime, keep asking questions of your division chair, supervisor, and leadership.

Telecommuting – as we move into a 100 percent telecommuting (with limited essential staff on campus maintaining critical functions), extra effort will be devoted to creating an understanding yet productive learning and working virtual environment. Watch for more details from your immediate supervisor before the end of the week.

Self-care – please continue to take care of yourself and those around you. Simply stated – social distance and hand washing are the most effective ways to prevent the spread of any virus.

As we prepare to discontinue all in-person services on campus between March 20 and April 4, I look forward to the challenges and opportunities of living, learning and working in a virtual environment. I will be making myself available every day for both tele and video connection in a virtual “out and about” sessions.