Welcome to Summer Session 2020 where I begin with positive anticipation that our collective communities (students, faculty and staff) remain safe and healthy as we continue to navigate this very real pandemic. I’d like to close out the spring semester with the highest level of gratitude to the PVCC family for their collective and unrelenting hard work to ensure students successfully completed their course work enabling them one step closer to completion of a degree or certificate.
I hope you all had the opportunity to see the end of semester update from our Office of Development, Alumni & Community Relations in The Daily Growl this morning. I want to echo the appreciation that was expressed for the entire campus as we work together to build a culture of philanthropy at PVCC that benefits our students and engages our alumni and community. Thank you to Jessi, Becky, Cecile and Steve for their dedication and good work this semester.
Additionally, my deepest thanks to the faculty and staff who volunteered to safely greet and cheer our 2019-2020 graduates celebrating during our “drive through” event. What a gift it was to see students in-person in such an appreciative and joyous fashion.
Allow me to share what our specific goals that we will be working towards achieving throughout the summer:
- Targeting a fall 2020 enrollment that meets or exceeds fall 2019 levels.
- Continued development and delivery of a fall schedule of classes with the best mix of Live Online, Online, Hybrid and In-person formats that meets the needs of the greatest number of students – knowing that we are an essentially online college this fall
- Meaningful and deliberate engagement with current students to ensure all students have an educational plan, engaged in the field of interest (FOI) and are retained
- Significant marketing and outreach targeting our 20 zip code service areas communicating the student experience
- Support and professional development for faculty and staff to ensure that we thrive in the virtual environments.
- Integration of the findings and recommendations of the Futures Think Tank into the design and re-imagination of PVCC as a relevant and thriving college as we continue to transition through the pandemic.
Our next all-college meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 9th at 2:30pm where the topic will be on the college’s on-site return to work plans. Throughout the summer, I will provide weekly updates.
Be well and take care.